Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here's the Kick Off

Let's face it. I'm back from China and my mom and at least two other people have said that I should keep blogging. I did have a fantastically well-received blog (for a day at least), but I think it's more that blogging is just a hard habit to break. I still go through the day storing up anecdotes but don't have any release for them.

Nevertheless, there are some changes from my blog about being in China. The most notable from my side is that I will be able to actually visit my own blog. Something about America and freedom of expression. Other than that, though, is the fact that people in America speak English. And if I write about them, they can read it. So I have to be careful not to make knowing me a liability. (If I had a problem learning people's names before, I predict it's going to get worse, because now I'm going to be making up a lot of names.)

This blog, to be updated roughly every other day, is geared toward everyone. For convenience, I divide that into "old geezers" and "geezers-to-be." As a college student, I am a geezer-to-be, and if you haven't even heard of Numa Numa then you're an old geezer.

For us geezers-to-be, I will include pop culture references. But for the old geezers, I'll try to explain them. Did you catch the Relient K allusion? Not if you're not a real fan. (Alternate lyrics to Kick Off provided here:

Here's the kick off
Hope you're not sick of
Will's blogging way
Or all the posts he made
Cuz then you'll wanna click a different page!
(duhn duhn duhn dun, dun, boww)

I encourage you to sing along while listening to the YouTube'd version.)

Other housekeeping matters: I intend to import these blog entries as Facebook notes. When I do that, I won't know how many people read my blog because Facebook won't tell me how many people are just reading it on their site. But why have a smaller audience just so I can count the smallness? Comment to let me know you're there, because it makes me feel happy. And otherwise it's practically eavesdropping, and that's not polite. I'm willing to comment now, too. I don't know why I thought the narrator should be so haughty in my last blog.

I'll link to other people's blogs, and make it look less ugly. But not tonight. Right now I have some math proofs to do.

This is college life. Go Gators! And get excited, because Will has a blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning and said this has GOT to be a Will-blog day! I heard from Andrew various fun events like playing racquetball and going to the game- maybe, just maybe he's written something... but then I said to myself, no, forget it, just get in the shower... but here I am at the crack of dawn, literally, just hoping against hope and ta-da! there actually is a blog! wahoo. Glad to have you back in the blogsphere, Will. You make our lives richer.

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Unknown said...

Found it! Obviously.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back. I missed you in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

haha i like your rendition of Kick Off, it makes me one proud geezer to be that i got that.